Senior HIV/AIDS Specialist, P-5, Abuja, Nigeria # 17318
Job Number: 509756
Locations: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff Closing Date: Thu Jan 04 2018 22:55:00 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
UNICEF Nigeria recently scaled up its integrated humanitarian response plan, and is leading humanitarian response in the education, WASH and nutrition sectors in the country, as well as the child protection sub-sector. We are tackling the resurgence of wild poliovirus, and are promoting health care access overall. We are also working on bringing 100 percent access to clean water and sanitation by 2030. We are working with partners on early childhood education initiatives and are supporting the national HIV program. In addition, UNICEF Nigeria is providing support for three critical child protection initiatives. Join our team and help us make sure every child has a champion.
Qualification of Successful Candidate
- Education: An Advanced University Degree in public health, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related sciences is required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in public HIV/AIDS planning and management and/or in relevant areas of health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness, at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in HIV/AIDS programme/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
This position is classified as “rotational” which means the incumbent is expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.