Jobs: Various Jobs and Consultancy Roles with UNICEF 2018
Brief Background of UNICEF
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent good 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. To defend children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence that aims to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potentials – to the benefit of a better world. Hence various job opportunities with Unicef.
Senior Info. Comm. Technology Associate, GS-7, Abuja, Nigeria
(Closing date: 5 September 2018)
- A university degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and Telecommunications supplemented by Windows (NT/XP/2000/98, and Cisco training.
- A minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in Computer Information Management work, including data processing applications, use and evaluation of programme package, database management, multi-user network and telecommunications, network analysis and design, hardware/software installation and management, user assistance, end-user documentation and local office computer application programming, in support of office computerisation.
- Excellent knowledge of English language. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station or another UN working language an asset.
TA Nutrition Officer (IMO), NO-B, 364 Days, Maiduguri, Nigeria
(Closing date: 1 September 2018)
- University degree in Nutrition. Candidates with public health, epidemiology, Statistics or data management or related field with a nutrition focus will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in public health, nutrition survey, knowledge /data management or related field in developing country context.
- Proven experience of leading nutrition program information management and facilitation with concerned authorities.
- Experience of nutrition data collection, with extensive experience, compiling and analysing quantitative and qualitative data and producing relevant graphical representations of analyzed data.
- Proven experience in synthesizing relevant information and developing reports on time against set deadlines for the dissemination of key findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Solid data analysis skills, ENA, Epi Info, and other data softwares.
Human Resources Specialist FT, P-3, Maiduguri, Nigeria
(Closing Date: 24 August 2018)
- Education: Advanced university degree or equivalent backgrounds, in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or related areas.
- Experience: Five years of relevant professional HR Management work experience. Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO). Background/familiarity with emergency operations and staff security.
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
Procurement Services Specialist, P-4, Abuja, Nigeria
(Closing date: 23 August 2018)
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Supply Chain management or Public Health or Program Management, or other academic qualifications in similar areas, and relevant experience.
- A minimum of Eight years of relevant professional experience in logistics, cold chain or related areas; of which at least 2-4 years in developing countries.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another official UN language would be an asset.
Current Consultancy Roles
Communication for Development CONSULTANT- Kebbi States (NOB)
(Closing date: 31 August 2018)
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Communication, Humanities, Public Health or related technical field.
- Five years experience working on Programme Communication/Communication for Development.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN working language an asset. Ability to communicate in the local working language of the duty station, an asset.
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related fields.
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions and very good training skills.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
C4D/Community Engagement Consultants for routine immunization, Bauchi, Borno, Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto & Yobe
(Closing date: 27 August 2018)
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Social Sciences or related technical field preferably in communications.
- At least three (3) years professional work experience in programme planning, management and monitoring, preferably in Immunization Program. Experience in social mobilization and communication for immunization programme, training and negotiation skills and team building is highly desirable.
National Consultant Justice for Children, Abuja
Closing date: 24 August 2018
- University degree in law (Masters or equivalent level).
- Five years experience of relevant professional work experience on child rights, child protection and justice for children.
- Good knowledge of international standards related to justice for children.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience supporting government to apply international standards in the justice sector.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills – both oral and written.
- Familiarity with the systems strengthening approach to child protection.
- Experience working with UNICEF is considered and asset.
National consultant on health sector response to violence against children, Abuja, with frequent travels to focus states (Closing date: 24 August 2018)
- Advanced university degree in Medicine, Health promotion/child psychology or related field (masters or equivalent).
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional work experience with projects related to child protection in the education section.
- Experience in the field child psychology and clinical care of children.
- Experience in the field of child protection system strengthening is an asset.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
- Experience with UNICEF is desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working with government desirable.