Health Benefits of Tai Chi (Plus lesson video)
Tai Chi (Taiji)
Countless of times you possibly have heard exercises are very good for the body. This article talks about the health benefits of Tai Chi, with a full lesson video. It is one exercise that is perceived safe for people of all ages.
Tai Chi (Taiji) is a mind-body integration practice. It can reduce your stress. This type of exercise combines focus, movement and breathing that creates a state of relaxation and calm.
It may also help your overall health and is generally safe for everybody regardless of age or fitness levels. Older adults may especially find Tai Chi beneficial because the movements are low impact and place minimal stress on muscles and joints. You may also find it helpful if you have arthritis or are recovering from an injury.
Tai Chi has about Two Thousand (2000) year history and has been studied scientifically in recent years. Rigorous research has found that Tai Chi has many health benefits.
Health Benefits of Tai Chi
- It helps to reduce stress. Engaging in this type of exercise can help you to manage or reduce stress.
- It reduces anxiety and depression.
- You could improve focus, balance and coordination with this exercise.
- Helps to improve sleep quality. That is another easy way to combat insomnia (difficulty falling asleep or getting a good amount of sleep).
- Tai Chi exercise slows down the rate of bone loss in women after menopause.
- It helps to lower blood pressure.
- This very exercise helps to improve heart condition/fitness.
- You can improve your everyday physical functioning with it.
- It relieves chronic pain.
You may also like to read Health Problems of Stress
Tai Chi and its parent Qi Gong are considered foundational to healing and maintaining health and wellness. Taiji also forms an integral part of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Tai Chi Lesson (Video). Credit: Dr Paul Lam.
Tai Chi for Cardio Recovery
There are many aspects to preventing a heart attack. Nutrition is one of them. Failing to eat a diet designed for heart health may lead to another infarction. It is very important to follow prescribed medical and supplemental advice.
A lot of people now have this information that regular aerobic exercise needs to be part of the heart patient’s lifestyle to ensure proper pumping function. We see more health benefits of Tai Chi in cardio recovery. Many that have practiced Taiji for some times will testify to its ability to enhance exercise capabilities. In addition, there is every reason to believe that Tai Chi can guide the person recovering to a new level of fitness and spiritual well-being. The exercise is an ancient way of bringing strength, peace of mind, and mental and emotional stability to its followers.
Anybody seeking wellness after a heart attack would do well to investigate this time-honored art that has been practiced by millions of people for thousands of years.
Credit: Kedi Healthcare.