Field Coordinator Post with FHI360
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Job Location: Field Office
Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Response Coordinator
Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
FHI360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions.
The Field Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinating field site operations, facilities, supplies and support services and ensuring the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order so as to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and the optimal use of facilities. S/he will manage field site staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate all field site operations including all logistical support for program activities and ensure that all facilities at the field site run efficiently.
- Supervise field site staff.
- Update the Response Coordinator & Maiduguri Response Team on all program activities.
- Contribute to planning and coordination of field activities.
- Plan and organize ordering and stocking of program materials.
- Coordinate and ensure effective and smooth management of the car parking space at the field site.
- Oversee the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Written and oral fluent communication in Hausa and English.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.