Chief of Communication, P-5, Abuja, Nigeria
Job Number: 509755
Locations: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff Closing Date: Wed Jan 03 2018 22:55:00 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
UNICEF Nigeria recently scaled up its integrated humanitarian response plan, and is leading humanitarian response in the education, WASH and nutrition sectors in the country, as well as the child protection sub-sector. We are tackling the resurgence of wild polio-virus, and are promoting health care access overall. We are also working on bringing 100 percent access to clean water and sanitation by 2030. We are working with partners on early childhood education initiatives and are supporting the national HIV program. In addition, UNICEF Nigeria is providing support for three critical child protection initiatives. Join our team and help us make sure every child has a champion.
Qualification of Successful Candidate
- Education: Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or other related fields of disciplines. *First university degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communication is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Work Experience: Ten years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience. International and national work experience in both developed and developing countries. Professional experience in communication, print, broadcast, new media. Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and another UN language. Knowledge of the local work language of the duty station is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
This position is classified as “rotational” which means the incumbent is expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.